?.?? - Unreleased, only available in CVS repository (also http://tkoutline.sourceforge.net/tkoutline-devel.kit contains most of these features)
- Initial Undo and redo functionality
- Reorganized the "main" code so tkoutline can easily be embedded into another Tcl/Tk application
- Added the core functionality for opening multiple tkoutline windows (not bound to any menus or keys yet)
- Added core Tkoutline plugin architecture functionality
- Improved Magic button functionality - now if the node containing the magic button does not have any descendants, then the text of the magic button will be executed as a script.
- Edit preferences resulted in an error in the non-starkit (plain source) version.
- Catch errors when loading the preferences file
- Fixed keybinding bug that prevented version 0.93 from starting on Mac OSX (I guess nobody on the Mac has tried tkoutline in the last year).
- Fixed bug with overstrike markup not showing up on Mac OS X
- Fixed bug where a url at the first line of the window would get the highlight after the mouse pointer left a url in the middle of the window
- Added search box to the toolbar
- New nodes start blank instead of with node id text
- Fixed cursor-movement bug for nodes containing multiple lines of text (reported by Robert Abitbol)
0.93 - Released April 8, 2004.
- New features and enhancements
- Support for glob patterns in inter-outline hyperlinks
- Bold, italics, etc. wiki-markup is now preserved when exporting to html
- Added increase/decrease expansion level functionality (see Additional expand/collapse functionality)
- Added the ability to import an outline from indented text and the ability to import an outline from OPML format
- Map levels to html headings - thanks to Laurent Duperval for the idea and code
- Magic button functionality
- Keyboard traversal of outline tabs
- Added button bar code from Scott Gamon
- Added ability to edit the preferences file within tkoutline
- User defined code in ~/.tkoutlinerc will be sourced on startup (see Tkoutline plugin architecture)
- Unit tests are now runnable from within tkoutline (see Help/About).
- Internal changes
- Factored out some generic listitem functionality from the treedisplay functionality (see Text widget based listitem display)
- Upgraded to using the new tcllib tree 2.0 API
- Completely rewrote the code that manages multiple outlines with a much, much cleaner result
- Bug fixes
- Ctrl-` keybinding is an error on Unix based platforms. Changed the way the keybinding is specified and added ability to configure this key binding
- Fixed bug where the useBulletImages and wikimarkup keywords in the .def file were being ignored
- Fixed problem with launching urls containing '&' on Windows NT/XP/2000 (the part after the '&' never made it to the browser)
- Fixed export to opml and xml so special XML characters are properly encoded. Also fixed HTML export so special HTML characters are properly encoded.
- Fixed bug where the keybindings in the preference file were being ignored
- Fixed error when user cancels load subtree command (bug discovered via Scott Gamon)
- Fixed bug with launching a browser on unix when the BROWSER env variable contains not just a command name, but also some command-line arguments. (thanks to Rusty Maynard for the problem report).
0.92 Released March 12, 2003
- The help command fails if the starkit/starpack is in a directory path containing spaces (thanks to David S. Cargo for this report)
- Error when attempting to show the console when tkoutline resided in a directory path containing spaces
- The html export doesn't work--error about bulletType (thanks to Mary Backe for this report)
- Error when clicking on intra-outline links
0.91 Released March 5, 2003.
- Added a command to extract a subtree and replace it with a hyperlink to the newly extracted outline
- Added export to emailable text (word wrapped to 70 characters)
- Fixed bug where sometimes the cursor couldn't be place on a node containing no text.
- Fixed bug when merging a node with its only child node caused an error (Thanks to Satoshi Imai for pointing me to this bug).
- Fixed a bug where a backspace at the first character of the first node causes an error (Thanks to Satoshi Imai for pointing me to this bug).
- Added the safe interpretor support back in for outline files with an old format.
- Added export to opml format (Thanks to Scott Gamon for the code)
- Added ability to turn bullets on/off for any node in the tree. This allows vertical whitespace to be added (i.e. an empty node and without the bullet) to an outline.
- Outline widget functionality has been implemented. See scripting tkoutline for examples of interactively using this functionality.
- Hyperlinking to parts of an outline. Links like anatomy#heart jump to the anatomy outline and search for heart. Links like #heart will search for "heart" in the current outline.
- Full cut/copy/paste functionality.
- Ctrl-1 through Ctrl-9 sets global expansion level
- Alt-0 through Alt-9 sets expansion level relative to current node
- Fixed bug in creating safe interpreter (the safe interpreter is only needed for outlines created with versions prior to 0.84) that was preventing tkoutline from starting up.
- Bullets are now images instead of text characters
- Added right-click popup menu
- Added duplicate node/duplicate subtree functionality
- Changed file format from a Tcl script to a nested Tcl list
- Performance enhancements for opening outlines and saving outlines
- Added access to Help via a menu pick
- Added support for highlighting and launching external URLs
- Added support for bold, italics, underline, and strikeout formatting
- Major internal code reorganization
- Bug fix: the export functions were broken in version 0.65--they now work again
- Menus are now accessible via the keyboard
- Multiple outlines can be open at a time using a tabbed notebook interface
- Hyperlinks to other outlines can be created by surrounding text with square braces
- Safe interpreter is now used to source in the outline data files (scripted document version requires bleeding edge vfs-in-core version of tclkit to get this functionality)
- Menu picks get greyed out when the commands are not available
- Fixed bug with preventing deletion of readonly controls
- Added the ability to save a subtree to a file
- Modified the output file so the tree name is not hard-coded in
- Fixed bug where opening a second tree could get some of the first tree merged in
- Opening a file changes the current directory to the directory of the opened file
- Save file isn't opened for writing until tree successfully converted for output
- New outlines are no longer marked as modified until a user modification
- Fixed bug where a cancelled file open operation hoses the application
- Fixed bug where deleting the first node of the tree caused an error
- Added functionality for exporting to ascii, html, xml
- Allow keybindings and other settings to be specified via configuration file
- Upgraded the distribution from including wcb 2.2 to wcb 2.5
- Bullets can now be toggled between numbered and unnumbered
- Converted indentation to use tabs instead of margin. This way when text from the outline is copied and pasted into another application, the relative indentation is preserved.
- Fixed access to outline files within the scripted document (i.e. the help file).
- Fixed bug in the .tar.gz distribution that prevented tkoutline from even starting up
- Initial release